Common Bankruptcy Mistakes:
- Charging up credit cards for luxury goods, or taking large cash advances before filing.
- Transferring, selling, giving away or signing a vehicle title over to a family member, or quit claiming real estate to a family member.
- Paying more than $600 to any unsecured creditor in the ninety days prior to filing bankruptcy.
- Paying more than $500 to any family member in the year before filing bankruptcy.
- Selling any assets for less than fair market value.
Other bankruptcy mistakes are discussed at the following link:
Your bankruptcy case will be simpler if you avoid these scenarios. We have been filing cases for decades. We interview all of our clients to avoid or correct the consequences of mistakes made before filing.